Friday, 1 April 2016

My Travel Story
Born to travel, I could never understand how I ended up being a local estate agent, hardly ever leaving my own neighbourhood…
Although I only have 2 children, they were so far apart that it took me twenty years from first day of school to the last day of varsity. Being able to enjoy the off-season now, travelling with so much more availability and affordability, and less crowds, is such a blessing for me.
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my daughters, but it was such a freedom to be able to stretch the weekend just that little bit longer. I remember those years when returning home on Monday morning was not an option because the kids had to go to school.
How sad it is when I travel around the world, exploring the wonders in far off places and then discover the people living there have never been to their own most famous attraction! I hope to inspire all of us to enjoy what other people come from far to enjoy, both near and far!!
Having a great meal with someone you care about, even at a local restaurant, can be a little vacation in disguise – just open yourself to start seeing life that way. Memories are built around those moments, and not the going to work and back every day.
In my humble opinion, a true traveller is someone who could enjoy every opportunity to experience and explore what is around them. I love this saying: “The world is a book, those who don’t travel, never get to read past page one.” Travel has broadened and enriched my life in more ways than I can explain.
There are so many little things that make travel easier and affordable for many people. I plan to get those in there as well. I haven’t always been over 50 you know! I started travelling long before and have some great tips to share with all.
Be sure to check out my post on Home Exchange, it promises to open up the whole world at your feet!
webNow, an empty nester, my nomadic spirit is demanding to be set free! Many of you might have been through the same and my job is to inspire you to use this freedom to explore the beautiful creation all around us.
Please feel free to send me suggestions of places that you would like to recommend, and let’s share it with the rest. I will try to get to those places personally as far as possible and search out the good deals and get some first-hand reviews as I go.
Some of my friends have called me their travel inspiration, and I’m hoping to become that for many more! You don’t have to travel 10-20 hours by air to have a great holiday. Heck, you don’t even need to have more than an hour or two for a quick getaway… Let’s start making memories today!

No comments:

Post a Comment